HOME     ABout Me     Sponsor     Contact     Shop

Friday, October 31, 2014

Last Minute Halloween Treats: Monster Eyes

I love Halloween, but when it comes to the holidays I am never prepared. So this morning I woke up and found a recipe for a simple Halloween treat on pinterest which you can replicate in under an hour!


These Monster Eyes were inspired by Princess Pink Girl's blogpost. I used waffle pretzels, M&Ms, Hershey's Hugs, red sugar, and black decorating icing in lieu of decorating gel which my grocery store was out of this morning, so I improvised.


Step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Step 2: Lay out pretzels in rows on cookie tray and place one hug on top of each pretzel. I made 9 rows of 8 but it depends on your cookie sheet size, this was enought for exactly the # of chocolates in the bag, minus one that made it's way into my mouth :)


Step 3: Bake pretzels for 5 mins, just enough for them to be shiny, not melted completely.

Step 4: Quickly place an M&M on each Hug (, it doesn't matter what side the "M" is on because you will cover it with a black "pupil" later). As you are placing the M&Ms on the Hugs sprinkle the red sugar over the chocolates every other row or so, doesn't have to be perfect, they're Monster eyes after all!


Step 5: Once the Hugs all have M&Ms and red sugar on them, heat up the decorating icing for 10 seconds in the microwave so it's easier to dab onto the M&Ms. BE CAREFUL, it may be HOT! 

Step 6: Dab a black "pupil" in the center of each M&M.


Step 7: Place whole tray into the freezer for about an hour.

ENJOY!

Yields 72 treats. 


Follow my instagram for more fun! @sayitwithkate

XO Kate

1 comment: